Currently, dual fuel generators have become more popular.
What makes it stand out from other conventional engines?
With a dual fuel generator, you can take full advantage of two main types of fuel: gasoline and propane.
The engine running gasoline is easy to use as gas is obtainable; however, it still has some disadvantages. That’s why you need a dual fuel generator at home.
Featuring dual fuel technology, it also lets you use propane when needed. What I like most is that propane is way cheaper, cleaner, and quieter.
If you are looking for a 12000 watt dual fuel generator for your house, this article can give you an insight.
I’ve come with a list of top 8 products based on experience and research.
These are the best dual fuel generators available on the market currently. I include the brief review for each additionally in order to help you find the most ideal option for both your need and budget.
|DuroMax Hybrid Dual Fuel XP12000EH||10 hrs (gasoline)
20 hrs (propane)
|Rainier R12000DF Dual Fuel with Electric Start||17 hrs||Rainier||111 lbs|
|A-iPower SUA12000E||9 hrs||A-iPower Corp||209 lbs|
|Rockpals RP12000ED Dual Fuel||8.5 hrs (gasoline)
20 hrs (propane)
|Ai Power SUA12000EC Gas-Powered||9 hrs||Ai Power||221 lbs|
|A-iPower SUA12000E with Electric Start||9 hrs||A-iPower Corp||206 lbs|
|Pulsar G12KBN 12,000W Dual Fuel||12 hrs||Pulsar||214 lbs|
|Ford FG11050PBE 11,050W Dual Fuel||10 hrs||Ford||196 lbs|
#1: DuroMax XP12000EH-The “Beast” Portable Generator
Look no further, all generator enthusiasts!
The first option that I highly recommend is DuroMax XP12000EH – this versatile machine has a variety of great features and a powerful capacity of up to 12000 watts.
- Powered either by propane or gas thanks to the dual fuel technology
- Full power panel shows oil warning light, volt meter, circuit breaker and power outlets on display
- Low oil shut-off for the engine protection
- Quiet muffler for low noise
- Heavy duty frame with the wheel kit for smooth relocation
This engine provides 12000 watts at peak and operates at 9500 watts constantly. Though it runs at the maximum power, you rarely hear much noise.
#2: Rainier R12000DF-The Luxury Portable Generator
This is a generator with luxury appearance; yet, its dependability is a key element making it more standout.
Worry of constant blackouts?
Rest assured with the Rainier R12000DF – this dual fuel portable generator with electric start assure to provide a reliable energy source for your home, jobsite, or anywhere you travel to.
- Start the engine conveniently with the one-touch electric switch, plus recoil start for backup
- Running time: 12000 peak watts and 9500 running watts (gasoline), while 10800 peak watts and 8550 running watts (propane)
- Automatic low oil shutdown
- 6.6 gallon fuel tank
- 457cc OHV 4 Stroke Rainier Engine allows the operation to proceed up to 17 hours with low vibration
Though Rainier R12000DF seems quite heavy but you can make use of the included wheel kit in the package. With two 10-inch wheels and two foam grip handles, moving this generator is convenient.
#3: A-iPower SUA12000E-The Underrated Portable Generator
Check out A-iPower SUA12000E if you want a powerful generator at a reasonable price.
Maybe it’s from an unknown brand, but you should not underestimate its quality. With this engine, the manufacturer focuses mainly on the features and performance. Very affordable and budget, it is the suitable option for all homeowners.
- Running time: 12000 peak watts and 9000 operating watts with electric start
- The 7.0 gallon fuel tank can work constantly up to 9 hours at 50% load
- Rigid tubular steel frame with silver grey powder coat finish
- GFCI protected outlets for protection and safety under damp condition
- Large 9.5 inch never-flat wheels enhance the mobility with heavy duty loads
- Built-in DC adapter plug
In short, the SUA12000E generator is easy to afford and worth the investment.
#4: Rockpals RP12000ED-A Safe and Reliable Choice
Here comes another good choice that can meet all of your backup power needs!
Rockpals RP12000ED is a dual fuel portable generator of efficiency and capability. During an outage, you can make use of this engine to power anywhere, from your home or work site to your RV.
With 12000 starting watts, the RP12000ED is an ultimate power source.
- Switch-on-Demand Technology is for safe switching between gasoline and propane without turning off or restarting the generator
- 459cc V-OHV engine and advanced square-shaped alternator increase the power output 5% – 8%
- Noise insulation system with oversized Muffler for quieter operation
- Large 6.6 gallon fuel tank can run continuously up to 8.5 hours at 50% loads on gasoline and 20 hours on propane
- Weather-proof design
- Two year warranty
In short, Rockpals RP12000ED is all about safe and easy operation. The electric start helps you access this engine as simple as starting your car.
#5: Ai Power SUA12000EC-The Flexible Portable Generator
Similar to other products in this list, A-iPower SUA12000EC also provides 12000 watts of starting power and 9000 watts of running power.
Thus, if you are seeking a generator with an incredible power source, consider this option. You can take full advantage of the engine as backup power for construction jobsites or for your house during emergencies.
- Considered as a high performance alternator, the SUA12000EC delivers a great performance at 12000 peak wattages allowing you use all kinds of appliances and tools simultaneously.
- Multiple front panel outlets featuring weather-proof cover for easy power connections and protection from the environment
- Powerful 459cc/16Hp engine
- Single cylinder, air-cooled, 4-stroke engine with electric start
This 2017 model has been upgraded for more flexibility and safety.
The manufacturer added a 12VDC, USB Ready, Multifunction port and GFCI outlet protection. Besides, there’s a DC adapter plug for your convenience.
#6: A-iPower SUA12000E with Electric Start-An All-Round Portable Generator
Not focusing too much on the appearance, A-iPower SUA12000E is all about delivering reliable power whenever you need it.
Made by A-iPower, this 459cc powerful engine provides up to 12000 watts of starting power and 9000 watts of running power. With a quite big size and incredible power output, the SUA12000E can be seen as an ideal generator for construction sites; of course you can take advantage of its back-up power for your home during blackouts or emergencies.
- Protected in a rigid tubular steel frame coated with an attractive silver grey finish
- The 7.0 gallon fuel tank provides the running time of 9 hours at 50% load
- Relocating this generator effortlessly thanks to the 9.5 in never-flat wheels
- GFCI protected outlets for all round protection and safety
- Built-in DC adapter plug for a new level of convenience
A-iPower SUA12000E is packed with high-quality technology often found in more expensive brand name products.
#7: Pulsar G12KBN-The Stylish Portable Generator
“Should I get the Pulsar G12KBN?”
Well, the answer is absolutely yes!
The added dual fuel technology gives you the option of using either gasoline or propane to operate your generator. This advantage is highly approved especially if you are in such events of emergencies or natural disasters.
- Running time: 12000 peak watts and 9500 rated watts (gasoline), while 10800 peak watts and 8550 rated watts (propane)
- Completely protected by a durable powder coated frame
- A 8 gallon fuel tank can operate continuously up to 12 hours at half load (gasoline)
- The wheel kit with 10 inch never-flat wheels and drop-down handles for convenient mobility and easy storage
- Low oil shut-off, 3-in-1 digital meter, and automatic voltage regulation
- One year limited warranty
I advise you to use liquid propane as it is cleaner, more sustainable, and can be stored longer. Overall, the G12KBN will give you 100% assistance no matter what your circumstance is.
#8: Ford FG11050PBE-A Built to Last Portable Generator
This is the generator you’ll need through the storm or emergency.
Ford FG11050PBE is a dual fuel portable generator having an extremely tough appearance. In fact, the highlight of this engine is its durability – this is the generator built to last and you can rely on.
- Running time: 11050 watts peak and 9000 watts rated (Gasoline); whereas 10050 watts peak and 8100 watts rated (propane)
- A large 6.6 gallon gasoline tank lets the engine run constantly up to 10 hours at half load
- Choose between propane and gasoline with Dual Fuel Capability
- Switch & Go Technology for the fuel transition between propane and gasoline during the operation
- Electric Push Start with Maintenance Free Battery and Recoil backup for a quick, easy start-up
- Rubber outlet dust covers for fully protection
Moving the FG11050PBE generator is much easier thanks to the rugged M-Frame wheel kit.
It’s a must to have a portable generator as it will provide you a source of power immediately in urgent situations. Additionally, this engine can be used as a necessary tool for your daily activities.
A dual fuel generator is more advantageous because it allows you to use both gasoline and propane.
In case you want to extend the engine’s life span, you should choose the model having dual fuel capacity as propane is a cleaner energy source.
Each of these eight 12000 watt dual fuel generator models offers something different. Most important, they all deliver the extremely well performance.
Have you ever had an experience with a dual fuel generator?
Which fuel type do you prefer?
If you have any question, let me know in the comments below!
Please share this list with anyone you know who is probably looking for a new generator.
Leave a Reply